Pages

September 05, 2012

September Skillet Meals ~ Sesame Chicken & Carrots


I used 2 lb cubed chicken breast, cooked over medium heat. I lightly toasted sesame seeds and set aside. I removed the chicken and added carrots and water and brought to boil and simmer and cover. I then mixed the chicken, sesame seeds and carrots and served over rice. I personally was not impressed with the sesame flavor, but I did like the recipe. I may try a new flavor next time. 

Estimated meal cost $6.50



*my apologies for the photo. I had mistakenly deleted my original photo and there was no chicken left when I went to grab a photo of the left overs 
.


*Note: I am not a talented cook, nor do I really enjoy it. I tend to prepare the same mundane meals. So I decided for the month of September, I am making a new to me, meal each day. These meals are no cook or stove top meals, they are low cost and healthy. Meals vary and I hope to do some breakfast meals as well. I do not follow recipes well and I usually estimate quantities. The recipes posted are to feed my family of 11, adjust accordingly.. Click here to see the rest of the posts.

2 comments:

  1. One, I would marinate the chicken, including fresh ginger grated, use some low salt or homemade broth, instead of water, and use fresh ginger or ginger powder, instead of or along with the sesame seeds. Sesame oil is also wonderful Just some thoughts. I think I will give this a try, using marinated chicken, that that has been cooked on the weber. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had trouble finding fresh ginger and the powdered stuff tastes weird. Thanks for the tips, I can use all the help I can get! I think I will use broth next time.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and leaving your thoughts.

If you choose to leave a comment, put a username in the dropdown box that says Username/URL. You can usually leave the URL box blank, or if the system requires one just put in my URL. Harassing comments from anonymous people will not be published. You will need to sign in if you wish to be rude.

Don't forget to check the "notify me" box to get updates on comment replies!
This makes it easier for conversation. Thanks!