Pages

January 20, 2012

The Homestead Journal ~ Week 7~ tornadoes and Fresh Pizza

What We Are Learning
Ezra is leaning his colors. Everything is "lellow". I showed him a green gummy bear and asked him what color it was. 
"lellow"
"no. What color is it?"
"lellow"
"No its green. What color is it"
"lellow"
"No. Green"
"Green"
"what color is it?"
"lellow"
This continued for a few more times when once again, holding the gummy bear up I asked,
"What color is it"
"bear"
I gave him the candy LOL

This week we started The Story of the World. Chapter 1 was about record keeping and archaeology etc.
We watched The Human Family Tree on Netlfix and discussed geneology, journaling, and other record keeping. We will continue this lesson into next week.

I am also working on a Scout School Lesson Plan for the three oldest boys.

Our Adventures
We live in an area where tornadoes are a potential threat. We have done many tornado drills, and have a plan for what to do when we are in danger.
So on Monday, when the tornado sirens went off, I did exactly what I do every time the sirens go off...
I grab my camera and go outside and take photos.. I LOVE stormy skies! 





What's New In Our Life
 farmers  new baby calf 

new pizza dough recipie. very yummy 

What We Are Reading
The children are still reading the Bundeler books. I will list all the books we are reading in future journals

 Challenges/Accomplishments This Week
New menu and meal schedule doing great. I will make a separate post on this here soon. 

My Favorite Link/Quote/Photo

This is how things are in our home. Today, Zachary was helping wash dishes, and wanted the water all the way on, instead of on low. He was getting upset with his brother, so I took him aside for a one on one lesson. I told him that our water bill was $40 and that Daddy had to pay that with our money. I then asked Zachary what he would do if he had $40.. 
He replies, "pay the water bill" 
So we continued our discussion and I explained to him if we used less water and only had to pay $35 we could use the other $5 for some treats at the store. 
He went back to helping with the dishes, and I hear him lecturing his brother on not to use so much water. He says "If you don't turn it on high, we can pay $35 instead of $40 and go to "Pa's Pantry" ( a salvage store where we buy candy bars for .10¢) 
So that was our math lesson for the day

Photos of our week
Little man sweeping 
so sweet

Scripture to Share
 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.  ~ Psalm 19:14

We are now linking up with 


Jump on over to some Blog Hops
The Homeschool Mother's Journal

Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers

3 comments:

  1. Great cartoon clip. The pictures of the calf are adorable, or should I say calves.

    I love to read your updates, they are wonderful.

    Great verse, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me giggling with the lellow conversation. And you can't argue with the "bear" part of it! LOVE that age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real Math lessons are the best, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving your thoughts.

If you choose to leave a comment, put a username in the dropdown box that says Username/URL. You can usually leave the URL box blank, or if the system requires one just put in my URL. Harassing comments from anonymous people will not be published. You will need to sign in if you wish to be rude.

Don't forget to check the "notify me" box to get updates on comment replies!
This makes it easier for conversation. Thanks!