Pages

January 23, 2011

Assignment #8

DeClutter


I am a recovering pack rat. I still try to keep stuff that I feel we need, but not as much as I use to. I am also more  organized about it. 

Your project this week is to go thru one room. Make 3 piles
1. Trash
2. Donate/Sell
3. Move to another room ( just make sure it goes where it goes!) 

How can this save me money? 

For one, you know what you need when you need it. If you have an iron and cant find it, well you wasted the $ you spent on the iron. Two,  if you really need one now you have to buy a new one. 

You may also be able to sell or trade your items. Ebay, Paperback swap, Freecycle, Craigslist are just a few places you can sell, trade or donate you good stuff that you no longer need. 

A clean, organized room will also save you time.. and time is money! 

1 comment:

  1. I just did this in my laundry room-I thought I was low on detergent and was eyeing up sale and coupon matches, but I thought I had more than I saw. Sure enough I had 9 boxes of purex 3 n 1 sheets. So now I have a bit of extra cash to buy something I am truly low on!!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving your thoughts.

If you choose to leave a comment, put a username in the dropdown box that says Username/URL. You can usually leave the URL box blank, or if the system requires one just put in my URL. Harassing comments from anonymous people will not be published. You will need to sign in if you wish to be rude.

Don't forget to check the "notify me" box to get updates on comment replies!
This makes it easier for conversation. Thanks!