Pages

April 05, 2010

Ezra Douglas Naugler

Ezra Douglas Naugler was born at home  into his fathers arms at 9:35 pm on April 4th 2010, Easter Sunday, under the watchful eye of all 7 of his siblings.

After being 3 days past my edd and having measly contractions for those 3 days I woke up Sunday morning a bit more sore than I had wanted to be. I made the kids Easter Breakfast




Then we got ready to watch General Conference at 12
  This is when I started timing contractions. They were 10-40 min apart. Not very consistent.. I took a nap between sessions and continued timing.

At 6 pm Joe gave me a blessing.At 7pm my water broke.. This has only happened before with Jacob. The rest broke in the final stages. I was agitated because after that the contractions died down and nothing was really happening. At 7:30 the contractions hit me like a brick wall.. 5-6 min apart and coming on strong. I took a quick shower and changed.


At about 8pm I stopped timing. It was one right after another I  got in the tub. Joe and the kids all followed in. Urijah was especially fascinated, but they all were paying close attention.

I stayed in the tub till probably about 9:25 when I went to the bed. I wanted to birth in the tub but it was too tight of quarters for us to do. I layed on the bed and the head crowned.. Jacob took such great photos.. The kids were so excited. With Conference, Easter and Ezra's arrival I couldn't imagine a more spiritually uplifting day.

11 comments:

  1. He's beautiful Nicole! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg make me cry!! what wonderful pictures and what a BEAUTIFUL baby!! How big do you think he is?? Man Kaelyn is already so much bigger snd SO NOT newborn looking! I miss it already LOL. CONGRATS, he is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's perfect! Congrats Nicole and Joe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so adorable! All that hair! Wish I coulda been there, Nicole. Wow-nine grandbabies now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a beautiful Easter gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, Nicole!
    Congratulations! He's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on Ezra Douglas!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Nicole! he is gorgeous! Welcome to the world Ezra!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A belated congrats! I love the name Ezra, that is my cousin's name and have never known anyone else with it. He's a cutie, Nicole, and I enjoyed reading your birth story. I bet being in the tub felt good. How were you able to get out though, being that far in labor? I know that's why I had Erik in there... They told me I wouldn't be able to get out, which I know if I had tried I wouldn't have been able to... I don't think I could have closed me legs enough to stand myself up...

    ReplyDelete
  10. a year later and this birth story still makes me tear up... I wish I had made different decisions ... I wish I could have more children and bring them into the world in the way in which you have chosen to... what a peaceful loving way to be born... surrounded by all that love you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time does have a way of flying faster the older we get! I wish I could do alot over again, too. And if wishes were horses, we all qould ride! Love to Ezra!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving your thoughts.

If you choose to leave a comment, put a username in the dropdown box that says Username/URL. You can usually leave the URL box blank, or if the system requires one just put in my URL. Harassing comments from anonymous people will not be published. You will need to sign in if you wish to be rude.

Don't forget to check the "notify me" box to get updates on comment replies!
This makes it easier for conversation. Thanks!